Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 22:33:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
To:        Dave Alderman <dave@persprog.com>
Cc:        Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentuim or Pentuim Pro ?

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Dave Alderman wrote:

> The VX and the TX chipsets only support caching of 64 Meg which might
> explain why you have encountered this limitation.  The HX chipset will
> cache much more (although I can't remember how much more - 512Meg ?) and
> also supports multiple processors.  Of course, the motherboard has to
> support caching greater than 64Meg as well.

	I thought the TX was supposed to be better than the HX chipset.
At any rate, is it better to get the new ASUS TX97 motherboards with the
TX chipset or the HX?  Also, is the ATX form-factor the way to go or is
the standard AT footprint still supported even for future motherboards?
I'm thinking about getting another machine but didn't know if I should go
the ATX route or not.  Like what are the advantages and disadvantages of
ATX?

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]