Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:42:33 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.nl>
Cc:        growfs@tomsoft.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: growfs(8) for FreeBSD

Erk, I fear you mis-understand ... FreeBSD has a feature called 'VINUM',
which is a volume manager ... basically, it allows you to create RAID or
Stripe'd file systems (or concat ones) ... what growfs allows is someone
to add an n+1 drive to their RAID/Stripe and increase the size of the file
system by that drive, without having to backup the drive, re-format and
then restore ...

I've used Solaris' version and have been much waiting for it to become
available under FreeBSD ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org