Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 2002 17:21:37 -0700
From:      "James" <effdefender@earthlink.net>
To:        "Freebsd-questions" <Freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   XServer setup problem

Sorry to be asking so many questions.
I'm trying to get XServer to run (so I can run KDE), but there is an error
whenever I try to configure it.  I can go into /stand/sysinstall and run the
non-graphical XFree86 config, but whenever I run the graphical one, it gives
me a core dump.  After configuring it non-graphically and trying to run it,
I get the same error message that I do when I try to run
"#Free86 -xf86config XF86Config."

Whenever I run "#Free86 -xf86config XF86Config"

I get an error message that says:

"Symbol vgaHWUnmapMem from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nv_drv.o is
unresolved!"

Does anyone know what this is, how to fix it, or where I can look to fix it?
I saw a hit on Google where someone was having the same problem on Linux,
but it seemed to be Matrox chipset specific.

I'm using an NVidia GeForce 3 Ti200 graphics card which is supposedly
supported by the XFree86 "nv" driver.
Do I need to update my "nv" driver somehow?

Thank you in advance,
-James Turnbull