Date:      Sun, 2 Oct 2011 19:44:07 -0700
From:      Roman Bogorodskiy <novel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bwn + BETA3/ppc = very unstable

--at6+YcpfzWZg/htY

  Adrian Chadd wrote:

> There've been a few comments about bwn stability and performance when
> running on ppc.
> Unfortunately I don't have any ppc hardware that's suitable.
>=20
> The performance issue is likely due to endianness in some eeprom fiddling=
 code.
>=20
> The illegal instruction? i'm not sure; can you please get a backtrace
> from the debugger so we can see exactly where it's dying?

Thanks for the info!

I will try to get a backtrace.

Unfortunately, keyboard for some reason stops working when kernel
crashes, so I cannot get it online and also there's nothing in
/var/crash (but it seems dumpdev and dumpdir are set correctly by
default), so will need to figure out how to do it.

Roman Bogorodskiy

--at6+YcpfzWZg/htY

--at6+YcpfzWZg/htY--