Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:36:01 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Joe Wamsley <netrattler@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB16 card trouble

--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 12:52:11PM -0500, Joe Wamsley wrote:

> 3) then I typed (without the quotations of course) " kldload snd_pcm.ko

[...]

> 8) Then I rebooted my computer like it said to in the handbook.
> 9) Once the system came back up I logged back in as root and then typed
> " dmesg | grep pcm " and it showed nothing there.

KLDs are dynamic..they load into the currently running kernel.  When
you reboot, they go away.  Can you give the URL where it says to do
this in the handbook?  If it does say that in the handbook, it needs
to be fixed.  You can load KLDs at boot time in /boot/loader.conf (see
loader.conf(5)), or compile them into your kernel if you don't want to
use modules.

I use the latter option, and the following kernel config lines:

device          pcm
device          sbc0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

Kris
--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8

--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8--