Date:      Thu, 04 Nov 1999 22:08:56 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: vga driver and signal

AFAIK, not all video cards generate the vertical retrace interrupt.
Even worse, some BIOSes have a configuration option which instract the
BIOS NOT to assign an IRQ to the PCI video card.

I fully agree that the vertical retrace interrupt will be of great
value, but I wonder if it is really worth the trouble, because it might
be available in only few cards and systems at the end of the day...

Well, I may be wrong :-)

Kazu