Date:      Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:21:58 +0200
From:      G Bryant <gbryant@roamingsolutions.net>
To:        "Zane C. B." <zanecb@midwest-connections.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How would I go about routing something like this?

You can either use ipfw fwd command (has to be enabled in the kernel),
where you forward all lan incoming packets with destination port 80, to
the ip and port that the other proxy is listening on,
or (more complicated) you can use squid proxy on your local machine, use
ipfw to fwd all lan incoming packets with destination port 80 to the
port that squid is listening on (normally 3128), and then you have to
specify in the squid config that it must use a different proxy as it's
"parent" proxy.  You could then either enable caching on this machine,
or configure it as a "dummy" proxy.
You will probably have to read all the man pages anyway, so use this as
a starting point.

Regards, Graham

Zane C. B. wrote:

>I have a few IP# I want to proxy transparently. There is a machine
>sitting after the router that I want to use as a proxy. How would I go
>about routing out going packets through that proxy from the router? Any
>one have any opinions on this or any thing?

ps. I have opinions on lot's of things :)