Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:09:37 -0500
From:      Ed Keith <ekeith@mediaone.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ** URGENT ** 3com OfficeConnect NIC cards under 2.2.8?

*sigh*

We're in the middle of putting a FreeBSD firewall up on a cable modem
link -- we bought the "current" (only) 3com Fast EtherNet cards
available at CompUSA, and just discovered to our horror that the damn
things aren't covered by the 3C9xx (xl0) driver.  These are labeled
model "3CSOHO100-TX".

Are we dead in the water?  (or more exactly, are we back to CompUSA)?
Can we just whack the xl0 driver to to be loaded for this card id
(without frying it, of course.)