Date:      Fri, 29 May 2009 19:05:33 -0400
From:      mike@sentex.net
To:        Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upcupsd / freebsdd

>The Overview page in the webinterface shows there is power in the
>UPS form over 2 hours. How can I force a faster automatic freebsd
>shutdown to see if it is working (can't wait 2 hours)

Try setting the battery level in apcupsd.conf to a high value like 90%

# If during a power failure, the remaining battery percentage
# (as reported by the UPS) is below or equal to BATTERYLEVEL,=20
# apcupsd will initiate a system shutdown.
BATTERYLEVEL 90
#

You need to restart the apc daemon after you adjust the config files.
Doing=20
apcaccess
from the shell, should reflect your changes.

>but do these refer to shutdown of a unix client or shutdown of the UPS=20
>itself?

On the apc units I have used, it will send the "shutdown" signal to
the UPS, so it will cut power to all the ports until street power
comes back.

	---Mike