Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:10:17 -0400
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@wallnet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   increasing  maximum connections in PGSQL

If I need to raise the maximum connections to a PostgreSQL server (v
postgresql-server-7.4.17) on FreeBSD 6.2 -STABLE, Ineed to raise the
available semaphores to increase connectivity.  After doing a man -k on
sem and reading through the man pages that see relevant, I'm still
unable to determine the correct method, though it does look like it may
involve loading a module in /bot/loader conf.

Can anyone point me to some How-to documentation on raising this value
to increase postgresql connections?

Thanks
Tim