Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 2002 08:00:49 -0700
From:      Samuel Chow <cyschow@shaw.ca>
To:        "Mr Munkeh" <munk3h02@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device le

On Sat, 06 Apr 2002 09:58:34 +0100 (BST)
"Mr Munkeh" <munk3h02@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> can anyone help me? i have a DEC Etherworks network
> card (DE205) which uses the device le, which has a bug
> in it. I read the how to fix it thing and i still
> really dont have a clue, im new to FreeBSD so any help
> would be great, thanks.

	I assume you read about PR misc/18641, right?
	The patch at the end of the PR is for RELENG_4
	branch.  Save the patch in a file.

	Assuming you have the kernel source code, do the
	following as root:

	# cd /usr/src/sys/i386/isa
	# patch < fileContainingThePatch

	If everything is okay, you just patched the kernel.
	Now compile and install the kernel as usual.

---
Samuel Chow
cyschow@shaw.ca

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
This message is displayed using recycled electrons.