Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:19:48 +0300
From:      ovidiu ene <ovidiue@unixware.ro>
To:        Dan Schultzer <adm@abcel-online.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Plesk and FreeBSD 6.1 64-bit getting frustrating

Hello

We were using Plesk on FreeBSD 5.4, i386, and had a lot of problem with
qmail wich is crashing sometimes without any reason. We tried differend
tips found on forums and disabling antivirus and modifying some script
we managed to restart the crashed mail service by watchdog, but still
the mail service crash more than ten times a day. The problem with
crashing qmail was found not only on FreeBSD but on Linux too. So our
learned lesson was: 1. don't try even to make it work if is not designed
for your version of bsd, is a waste of time, 2. Plesk 7.5 is not as good
as we thought, you might try Plesk 8, maybe is better, but, I still
recommend you CPanel. Is difficult to work with closed source code, if a
problem occurs you do not know what to do.

Best Regards,
ovidiu