Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:21:09 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Jason Brazile' <jason@netcetera.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: make bug? (dependency names with '$')

Dear All,

> This bug does not occur with NetBSD make. I spent a couple of hours
> diffing the sources (there are a lot more differences than I expected)

There was some talk on the OpenPackages list about differences in the makes
of the three BSD's. I've only followed the discussion with half an eye, but
it would be nice for them too to see the makes converge, or at least iron
out differences here and there.

http://openpackages.org/pipermail/op-tech/

    Kees Jan