Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 1998 18:19:23 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Jeremy Kraft <db@minot.com>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bt848 (intel card)

Jeremy Kraft:
 |im having troubles installing/configuring the intel bt848 card.
 |the card shows up  etc in a dmesg, and fxtv compiled with no
 |trouble, uhm. the problem is when we RUN fxtv, it almost comes up,
 |but then errors out with:
 |
 |bash$ /usr/X11R6/bin/fxtv
 |ioctl("/dev/mixer") failed
 |Xlib: extension "XFree86-DGA" missing on display ":0:0."
 |Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtersion" missing on display ":0.0".
 |Warning: Actions not found: TVSetChannel
 |Bus error (core dumped)
 |bash$

Amancio Hasty:
 |Jeremy Kraft:
 | |Amancio Hasty:
 | | |Whose X server are you using?
 | |accelX.
 |Thats your problem.

I don't think this is an Xaccel issue.  The TVSetChannel action-not-found
likely means the global Fxtv resource file wasn't found, or that there is
one installed that's for the wrong version of fxtv.

To make your life easy, use the port pkg to install Fxtv.
When it's done, the correct global resource file will be installed at
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Fxtv.

Set your $XFILESEARCHPATH to something like the following:

     /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/%T/%N%C%S:/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/%T/%N%S

If you still have problems, verify Fxtv is picking up the right resource
file (and not some stray one) via:

     > ktrace fxtv
     > kdump | grep 'NAMI.*Fxtv'

Randall