Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 04:50:22 +0100
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
To:        Terminator <jimmy@mtc.dhs.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cleanly uninstall software package

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 08:31:13PM -0800, Terminator wrote:

> Thanks! I installed portupgrade, and rebuild the pkg index database.
> But the problem is that something are coming from the BASE freebsd
> installation, such as XFree86 3.3.6, which are not listed in pkg
> database. What shall I do if I just want to remove XFree86 3.3.6?
> I don't want to upgrade it to XFree86 4.1.0. Thanks again!

Nothing concerning XFree86 is in the packages database? If that's really
the case, maybe rm -rf /usr/X11R6 is the best way if you do not need X
at all. Although I don't find it a very clean way to get rid of it ;)
May break some dependencies or so too.

But try it, if it screws up, you still have the chance to reinstall
X and deinstall it cleanly afterwards..

hmmm
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos