Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:31:47 +1200
From:      "Mahoney, Richard B." <rbm49@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   GV & XDVI - Image Quality

Dear M.

You said the image quality was poor for GV and XDVI. I don't think you
mentioned Ghostview.

I'm not sure what could be up with XDVI, but for GV and Ghostview to display
well one has to set ``antialiasing.''

In GV one goes to the menu and selects:

``State'' then ``Antialias''

The screen then refreshes and there you are!

Trouble with ``Antialias'' is that it always takes longer to draw a screen.

Personally, what I'd like to know is if it is possible to get a more recent
port of Ghostview than 1.5. ``Antialias'' doesn't seem to be an option with
1.5. The existing port seems primitive compared to GV but is more convenient
for printing a range of pages (the only reason I use it really).

Many regards

Richard

Richard Mahoney                                    Telephone: +64-3-351-5831
78 Jeffreys Road, Fendalton,
Christchurch 8005, New Zealand         mailto:rbm49@student.canterbury.ac.nz