Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:54:25 -0800
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-friendly laptops (was: laptop compatibility list)

richard childers / kg6hac wrote:
> There's already an XFree86 config library out there somewhere, FYI ...

I wasn't clear, I think. What I was after was not yet another
bunch of config files on someone's personal site, but something
that lived and was maintained at freeBSD.org. One of the big
reasons I like FreeBSD to some of the other free unix-like
offerings is that it's "owned" in the sense of having a central
repository for source code, documentation, and mailing lists like
this. Typing

So it makes sense to me for something like this to live at
freeBSD.org and just direct people to www.freeBSD.org/mobile or
/laptop and let that be a comprehensive repository of useful
information.

--
Paul Beard
<http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>;