Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:02:19 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Jason Vervlied <jvervlied@boca.verio.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba on -current

On (2002/11/12 08:55), Jason Vervlied wrote:

> I am having problems with a Samba share on my -current box, I just
> installed from 20021103-SNAP. I did recompile my kernel with the following
> options.

I'll bet your problem as nothing to do with Samba.  What you have is a
problem with smbfs.

> Here is the error I get when I try to copy a file from my samba share
>
> [jvervlied@current 80-85]$ cp bad_religion-yesterday.mp3 ~/
> cp: /home/jvervlied/bad_religion-yesterday.mp3: Bad address

I'll bet you get that error when you try to copy a file from a remote
filesystem mounted locally with smbfs.

It's a known problem.  Consider reading the -current mailing list to
keep up to date with known problems.  It was discussed last week.

No solution is known at this time.  Use dd(1) instead of cp(1) as an
interim workaround.

Ciao,
Sheldon.