Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:42:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: objections to sbuf?

:Any serious objections to committing the latest sbuf patch?
:
:DES
:--
:Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org

    I won't object to you comitting it, but I think it's a huge waste
    of effort and space, not to mention introducing yet another MALLOC
    allocation which can potentially deadlock the system at a critical
    juncture.  The kernel just doesn't have any sort of serious
    string handling problem that using snprintf() and strlcpy() couldn't
    fix in a second.

						-Matt