Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 17:32:20 -0500
From:      "Jason Craig" <nemesys@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compiling a new kernel with MCA

Hello all,

I have a few FreeBSD machines that I am playing around with now, and have
come across a nice old IBM PC Server 320 with dual P90 processors and 64MB
of RAM i would also like to utilize.

I am currently using 4.0-19991113-CURRENT generic kernel, and things are
working great.

However, I tried to compile a custom kernel to weed out any unwanted
devices, and to enable SMP and have have run into a problem.  After
compiling the kernel using the standard procedure, I rebooted it, and it
panic'd after doing the kernel config.

I tried removing most of the entries from /boot/kernel.conf, only to find it
still panics saying something about the MCA bus.

Am I missing something?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason