Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 13:23:06 -0500
From:      Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: URGENT - Seems like i've been hacked... what to do now?

Reading this confirms me that I do not know nothing yet....

I have FreeBSD 4.2 running for web services of my own. No one else use or
have access to the machine, no other users. But I use telnet as the way to
control my machines. If I read correct the last messages I should disable
telnetd and use alternatives, like SSH services (btw I remember a
discussion a few months ago telling SSH was not the correct way to go
either)....

What's the best way to stay?. If the path to follow to disable telnetd and
have SSH services running, could you please point me to resources of how to
implement this?

Thanks in advance.

JB