Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:52:22 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Aleksandr A.Babaylov" <babolo@links.ru>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
Cc:        babolo@links.ru, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "extra" files

Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami writes:
>  * From: "Aleksandr A.Babaylov" <babolo@links.ru>
>
>  * in http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/errorlogs/a.4.20000804/ru-messarge-1.19.log
>  * ........
>  * list of extra files and directories in /usr/local
>  * extra: man/ru.KOI8-R
>  * ........
>  * what is right name for russian mans?
>
> I don't know, but that's not the issue here.  The directory is not
> listed in /etc/mtree/BSD.local.dist so it is flagged by mtree.
>
> Let me know of the proper name and I'll add it to the mtree file (just
> like the German and Japanese directories).

Sorry if I am not right:

0badaxe~(1)>man man
     -o          Use original, non-localized manpages. By default, man search-
                 es for localized subdirectories of each manpath component,
                 subdirectory name is determined by the LANG or LC_CTYPE envi-
                 ronment variables.  Localized directory name builded using
                 following rule: directory name merged with LC_CTYPE or LANG
                 environment variable value.  If LC_CTYPE has no value, then
                 LANG variable value will be used. If both these variables
                 have no value, then no actions will be performed.  man can
                 handle long and short notations of localized directory names.
                 Long notation means that directory has name
                 ".../man/ru_RU.KOI8-R". Short notation
                 "path/<lang>.<charset>", for example ".../man/ru.KOI8-R".
                 Short notation have priority over long one.
0badaxe~(4)>ls /usr/share/locale/ | grep -i koi
0 ru_RU.KOI8-R@
1 ru_SU.KOI8-R/
1 uk_UA.KOI8-U/

So I think .../man/ru.KOI8-R is right path because
ru_RU.KOI8-R and ru_SU.KOI8-R is the same.
and .../man/ru.KOI8-R works for me in 4.0R and latter in 4CURRENT

--
@BABOLO      http://links.ru/