Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 19:26:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      Douglas Carmichael <dcarmich@mcs.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        lsmith@lr.net
Subject:   The (official?) FreeBSD theme song

This is a changed version of Tom Petty's "Refugee":
(Play with the best Hammond B-3 and Clavinet you can muster)

   We get somethin' we both know it, we don't talk too much about it.
   Ain't no real big secret; all the same, 'somehow we get around it.
   listen(), it don't really matter to me.
   Baby, you believe what M$ wants you to believe.
   You see, you don't have to live like a refugee.
   (repeat last line 2x)

   Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have kicked you around some.
   Tell me why you wanna lay there in NT, revel in your abandon.
   Honey, it just makes a difference to me.
   Baby, everybody's had to fight to be FreeBSD.
   You see, you don't have to live like a refugee.
   No baby, you don't have to live like a refugee.

   Baby, you ain't the first.
   I'm sure a lot of OS's have been burned.
   Right now this ain't real to you.
   It's one of those things you got to feel to be true.

   Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have kicked you around some.
   Who knows, maybe you were kidnapped, tied-up, taken away, and held for
   ransom.
   Honey, it don't really matter to me.
   Baby, everybody's had to fight to be FreeBSD.
   You see, you don't have to live like a refugee.
   No, you don't have to live like a refugee.
   Baby, you don't have to live like a refugee.