Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2011 00:09:30 +0400
From:      Pan Tsu <inyaoo@gmail.com>
To:        Marc Rassbach <marc@milestonerdl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gecko@FreeBSD.org, Florian Smeets <flo@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Fireforx 5 not building

Marc Rassbach <marc@milestonerdl.com> writes:

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2011, Florian Smeets wrote:
>
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> ls /var/db/pkg
>>> gtk-2.22.1_1 libtool-2.4
>>> libevent-1.4.14b_2 nspr-4.8.7
>>>

>> Can you show us *all* installed packages, if that really is all you
>> have in /var/db/pkg you have a more serious problem.
>
> No, that was all that was listed.
>
> I've been unsuccessful in getting a build on firefox from when it was
> firefox 4 and 8.2 RC1.  I figured after all this time and going to 5
> in the last couple of weeks it was time to send a note along.

Selectively updating packages is not supported unless can easily debug
arising issues. For example, you have cairo installed but it's too old
and doesn't contain `tee' surface backend.

  cairo-tee was enabled in graphics/cairo on 2 Mar 2011
  www/firefox was updated to 4.0 on 24 Mar 2011

As this is a common problem one could force build fail with

  BUILD_DEPENDS += ${LOCALBASE}/include/cairo/cairo-tee.h:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/cairo

a bit more earlier like nspr>=4.8.7 which is specified in USE_MOZILLA, too.