Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2000 20:54:40 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        John <papalia@udel.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NAT/Routing message 5

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 10:31:57AM -0500, John wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been poking around trying to learn, and I've currently got NATD
> running in verbose mode.  Periodically, I see a message in the file that says:
> 	Routing message 5 received.
>
> And no more.  It doesn't seem to appear after any particular port or IP
> address - more "random" then anything.
>
> What does the message mean, what would trigger it, and is it anything
> important?

You are running natd(8) in both verbose and dynamic modes.  In dynamic
mode, natd(8) listens the routing socket for kernel messages, and in
verbose mode logs them.  Routing message of 5th type is "Kernel suspects
partitioning" message (see route(4) and /usr/src/sys/netinet/in_pcb.c).
What is the value of maxusers in your kernel config?

--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA of the
ru@ucb.crimea.ua	United Commercial Bank,