Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 1997 09:17:22 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, terry@lambert.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: moused on notebooks...

>> > In the situation you describe, the SIGHUP would arive when you
>> > unplugged the mouse, not when you plugged it in.  You want it to
>> > be opened *after* you plug it in.
>>
>> that's if your using a normal serial mouse... but I'm using a ps/2
>> mouse... so there isn't a "disconnect" signal... as far as I know...  of
>> course I guess I should make the SIGHUP patch affect bus and ps/2 mice
>> only then...
>>
>> currently as it stands moused dies when it recieves a SIGHUP.. :)
>
>So you want to be able to manually SIGHUP it?  That doesn't really
>solve the problem; all it does is provide a kludgy workaround.
>

>The problem is:
>
>1)	Knowing you need to reinit the PS/2 mouse channel of the
>	keyboard controller, at all.

This can be done, by hooking the resume event hook provided by the
apm0 driver. I will write a piece of code for the psm driver to do
just that if such modification is useful/necessary for the suggested
moused enhancement.

>2)	Knowing when you need to resync the command stream because
>	someone has done something dumb like plugging and unplugging
>	the thing.

Well, if the moused is to reopen the device, it can resync with
mouse data stream at that moment, I think.

Kazu