Date:      Tue, 28 May 1996 23:01:56 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        andrsn@stanford.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, andrsn@hoover.stanford.edu
Subject:   Re: PPP Server Question

> > This usually means that everything's set up right, *except* for your
> > home computer not having a default route set.
>
> It does have a default route set--to the office machine:

Oh.

I think I misunderstood your last post (mea culpa). Presumably you
wanted to run gated on your *office* machine?

> > If your office computer can talk to the outside world, and has IP
> > forwarding enabled, setting a default route on your home computer
> > *should* be all that's needed.
>
> Well, it doesn't seem to be working.  There must be a piece missing.
> Any other ideas?

I don't really know anything about routing - sorry. Perhaps if you
post your office machine's routing table, someone else might be able
to see what the problem is.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
jraynard@dial.pipex.com