Date:      Thu, 22 May 2003 10:04:40 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        demon@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   sysutils/bacula - suggested changes

Hi,

Just a heads up as to recent things I've found.  I'm working with the
bacula developer to improve the application.  While doing this I've
noticed a few changes which I think need to be done to the port.

- /usr/local/sbin/mtxchanger should be installed.  This is used for
tape drives which contain an autochanger
- /usr/local/etc/bacula*.conf and console.conf should not be
overwritten when the port installs.

Also of note, this from ReleaseNotes for what's in CVS now:

- For MySQL users, you must have the thread safe client libraries
available.  If you build MySQL yourself, add the --enable-thread-safe-
client option on the ./configure.

FWIW, I was able to get Bacula to compile using this upgrade for
mysql:

/usr/local/sbin/portupgrade -f mysql-client -m WITH_LINUXTHREADS=yes

If you don't do this, the error you'll encounter is:

c++   -L../lib -L../cats -L../findlib -o bscan bscan.o block.o
device.o dev.o label.o  autochanger.o acquire.o mount.o record.o ma
ch_bsr.o parse_bsr.o  butil.o read_record.o stored_conf.o -lsql -
pthread  -lxpg4 -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -lz -lz -l
ind -lbac -lm
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient_r
*** Error code 1

Once I get things working well with my environment, I'll submit a
patch for the above items.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/