Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:22:49 -0700
From:      Mark Wagner <markw@horvitznewspapers.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cdrecord problems to record 1 CD

> The information on burning CDs under FreeBSD is very spotty. I've been
> to the freebsd.org site, dejanews, and altavista, only to scrape
> together fragments of info. I'd be happy to collect and organize this
> information if people out there have it.

The linux cd writing howto has good information:

http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO

Just ignore the linux-specific parts. Note that whereas Linux calls
mounting a file as a filesystem a loopback filesystem, FreeBSD calls it
a vnode filessystem (see vnconfig(8)).

I didn't see the need for any more information. The howto details using
mkisofs, cdrecord, etc..

--
Mark Wagner markw@horvitznewspapers.net
Chipmunks roasting on an open fire.