Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 00:04:23 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multicast on freebsd?

Doug White scribbled this message on Apr 22:
> I'll cut David loose here.
>
> On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:
>
> > Try to get together or communicate with your buddy John-Mark
> > gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu to fix up fxtv so it will work
> > with your Matrox Millenium. John-Mark put in the necessary
> > changes in the Bt848 driver to support your scenario .
> >
> > The mods to fxtv should take less than an hour.

yeh...  I haven't even seen the source to fxtv... I'm going to assume
they are very close to the same place that the bt848 driver is (the url
you posted a message or two ago)... if so... don't respond.. I'll pick
it up...

> :-)  He was running down the street earlier today, I'll see if I can
> corral him.  He always has something to hack on, and he is permanently
> glued to his laptop.  :-/

heh... laptop's sure are nice when you can be inet connected close to
anywere you go... (esspecially when you get ethernet inet access in one
of your classes)...  now to get a sound card/bt848 combo pcmcia card and
do mbone from my notebook.. :)

> PS:  You _know_ that I'm going to leave you alone once and for all if you
> can get J-M to fix me up.  :)

just so you know...  Randall Hopper is working on getting my patches
extended to support a bitsize in rgb_mask.. that way it will support
unpacked 24bit video cards (i.e. be even more generic).. and he is also
working on getting fxtv to work with the extended patches...

ttyl...

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD