Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 21:15:09 +0200
From:      "R. Hartman" <rhartman@xs4all.nl>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: login errors

I get the same error messages although I did not make and build but simply
ran upgrade from the sysinstall GUI tool. Isn't upgrade supposed to take
care of what mergemaster does? I do have a backupped /etc in /usr/tmp/etc,
so it seems that something akin to mergemaster has taken place. Still, the
same errors as Philip has are encountered by me. I upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4

Moreover, the error messages are three identical lines in a row. so six in
total. First three about the modules not being loaded, and then three for
pam_open_session: Permission denied.

Is running mergemaster really the solution, and how should i do that when
you take into account that a similar program has already run as part of the
upgrade process?

Thanks for any help.

Ronald Hartman