Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 1996 18:58:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kristyn Fayette <kristyn@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD & firewalls

Hi,

  I'm getting ready to set up a firewall and I was wondering if anyone can
give me some suggestions.  Currently, I've got a firewall running on an Indy.
It's using the internet firewall toolkit.  Now I'm about to replace that
machine with a FreeBSD system.  Should I keep that toolkit, or should I use
the ipfw program that comes with 2.1?

  I know this is the kind of question everyone hates...is brand X better
than brand Y, but I really don't have much reference right now and time
is kinda short.

						-----Kris

--
                    -=(*)=-   Kristyn Fayette   -=(*)=-