Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:55:27 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        Stan Osborne <stan@craigslist.org>, billf@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy/21238: poor performance; missed opportunities

* Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu> [000912 21:18] wrote:
> At 7:34 PM -0700 9/12/00, Stan Osborne wrote:
> >Your tone/attitude may explain why FreeBSD is not keeping up with
> >the Linux hord.  Me, I'm trying to let the FreeBSD developer
> >community know what is happening in the real world.  I'm the
> >internal advocate for FreeBSD and one of the reasons we went to
> >the effort to evealuate FreeBSD.  I am very dissapointed that
> >after trying to justify switching to FreeBSD we could not.
>
> The text in your initial PR was such that it was very easy to
> assume it was a troll.  Very very easy.

I'm also astonished that they brought in a consultant which probably
means a somewhat high fee of at least 75$/hr (more likely 120-150
in the bay area) and didn't bother to pick up a boxed set so that
they could contact BSDi for support?

If this consultant was worth his salt he'd be able to diagnose at
least one problem down to a specific issue that you could have used
to provide a meaningful bug report instead of posting something
out of fustration that makes you look foolish.

I'm aware that FreeBSD may not be optimal for every situation but
you shouldn't go off at us (the developers) when you've been blindly
following someone who seems as blind as yourself.

I mean seriously, you're back to using Linux, (woohoo!) what's the
point of harrassing us when you have no useful information to help
us address these alleged shortcomings?