Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 09:48:52 -0400
From:      Matt Spong <spong@glue.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   LBA

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL

Hello

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.1-CURRENT on my machine, and it's having
trouble with one of my hard drives.  It's a 20gb IDE drive, but FreeBSD's
install program only sees it as ~2gb.  Linux was having trouble seeing
the full drive as well (it saw it as an 8gb drive) until I upgraded to a
newer kernel with LBA support.  How do I get FreeBSD's install program to
recognize the full size of the disk?

Please CC me with any replies.

Thank you
Matt Spong
spong@glue.umd.edu

--=20
Matt Spong <spong@baked.net>                        www.wam.umd.edu/~spong
Author and maintainer of PowerShell:            powershell.sourceforge.net
UM Linux Users Group Secretary/Webmaster:                    www.umlug.org
AIM: Spong1027                                               ICQ: 74069183
GPG Public Key:                                 finger spong+@glue.umd.edu=
=20
 "Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not
 have, nor do they deserve, either one."                -Thomas Jefferson

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL--