Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 22:49:09 -0000
From:      "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
To:        "Bill Moran" <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Better way to transfer files

What do you mean manually tweaking the media type?  The only thing I
tried changing was the MTU to match that of the Win2k machines.  The
only net cards I have are all 3Com.  Here is the output of ifconfig
and a kernel panic message:

xl0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet6 fe80::250:daff:feb4:85b6%xl0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
        inet 4.33.96.206 netmask 0xfffff800 broadcast 4.33.103.255
        ether 00:50:da:b4:85:b6
        media: autoselect (100baseTX) status: active
        supported media: autoselect 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX
10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP 100baseTX <hw-loopback>

fault virtual address   = 0x4
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc0208d07
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc8c8aca8
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc8c8acb8
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 312 (ftpd)
interrupt mask          = net tty
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault