Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 1995 07:40:04 +0200
From:      lutz@muc.de (Lutz Albers)
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        perilous@ix.netcom.com
Subject:   Re: More TCP/IP

In article <199506291918.MAA02492@ix4.ix.netcom.com>, William Harrison writes:
-I set up named.boot as a caching server.
-I downloaded named.ca from internic and set it up.
-There are no errors when named is run.
-If I ping to one of the names that happens to be in named.ca, I get the
Hello,

it would help, if you could post your BIND (named) config files. It seems
that your name server is not talking to the root name servers.

ciao
  lutz

Lutz Albers, Luederitzstr. 14    |           And you ?  You're no one
81929 - Muenchen, FR Germany     |          And you ?  You're falling
phone: +49-89-933 404            |       And you ?  You're travelling
fax: +49-89-929 46 75            |   Travelling at the speed of light.
email: lutz@muc.de               |  (Laurie Anderson, Strange Angels)
http://www.muc.de/~lutz          |

Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.