Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:23:27 +0200
From:      Christophe Prévotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
To:        Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de>
Cc:        atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Service Classes

oops I am not a programmer , I doubt I can succeed in making this work
however since the PCA200E does not support CBR it does not fit my needs

I think I will have to look at the prosum card or the marconi HE155 cards
but all these have Linux drivers but no FreeBSD drivers

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:24:41 +0200 (CEST)
Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Christophe Prévotaux wrote:
>
> CP>how do you do this ? Could someone implement this function in
> CP>FreeBSD or NetBSD ?  the purpose of this is simple : being able to
> CP>configure SDH VCs and pass ATM over it or IP + MPLS, thus one would
> CP>be able to have affordable Telco Grade Fiber infrastructure based on
> CP>FreeBSD or NetBSD systems , much much cheaper than what exists on
> CP>the market at this time (unless I don't know about cheap ATM over
> CP>SDH and IP MPLS over SDH hardware that already exists) , Of course I
> CP>realize that I won't get ASICs based hardware performance for
> CP>routing because I don't know of any PCI based switch fabric cards
> CP>available and less about drivers for such cards.
>
> That's fairly easy: you have to write value 0x90 in SUNI register
> 0x46 for SONET and value 0x94 for SDH. Implementing should be easy too:
> make an ioctl that take a 32bit argument and inserts it into a command
> block to the PCA200. The argument should have the form:
>
> +-------------+--------------+--------------+-------------+
> | 8 bits mask | 8 bits value | 8 bits regno |  0x87       |
> +-------------+--------------+--------------+-------------+
>
> and you would use 0xff904687 for SONET and 0xff944687 for SDH.
>
> harti
> --
> harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private
>               brandt@fokus.gmd.de, harti@begemot.org

Christophe Prevotaux                  Email: c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr
HEXANET SARL                            URL: http://www.hexanet.fr/
Z.A Farman Sud                          Tel: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 05
9 rue Roland Coffignot               Direct: +33 (0)3 26 79 08 02
BP415                                   Fax: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 06
51689 Reims Cedex 2
FRANCE