Date:      Tue, 7 May 1996 22:27:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      guido@IAEhv.nl (Guido van Rooij)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lpd problems with +50 Mb to print

Hi,

We've got an lp setup where we generate around 500 files of postscript
to a remote printer. Somehow, these files are not all queued in the
remote queue. Of course we have plenty of space and we set the mx
value to 0.
When we stop the lpd on the originating system we see that every file
gets queued correctly. After we start the lpd again, we see that
after a random number of files, the rest of the files seem to be
skipped.
The total space in the queue is arond 50MB.
This happens both when the remote printer is hanging of a 2.1.0 system
vai the parallel port as well as with a printer with ethernet card and
built in lpd. I therefor suspect the originating side.

The originating system has a 2.0.5 lp setup, with the following
printcap;

ps2:HP 5 M:\
	:lp=/dev/null:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/ps2:\