Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:03:27 -0700
From:      dannyman <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   questions answered w paypal "tips"

Hrmmm.  So, I'm playing with Linux Mandrake 8.0 on my laptop to see how
the other half live in their user-friendly GUI.  Gnome is pretty nice
stuff, and while there are a few things I haven't licked yet, it is not
a bad desktop environment.

But then the box crashes a few times, and mozilla stops working.  Why?
Dunno.  Reinstall it?  Sure!  Nada.

So, I click on this desktop icon called "Mandrake Expert" and type my
question in and get to chose from rated "experts" who apparently at some
point can receive tips.

And I think, why not?  I'd be happy to chuck a guy a $5 for answering my
question.  Maybe more.  I've got a PayPal account.  I might even be able
to expense it.

Then it occurs to me that since, with PayPal, you just click "send
money" and put in an e-mail address ... I could post a frustrating
question, and offer $n to the first person to answer it to my
satisfaction.

A "gift culture" might be the most lightweight answer.  This isn't like
a big contract - if you can give me the clue to solve my mystery, then a
few bucks makes it worth your while, you're more likely to read
-questions and answer them. :)

How's this sound, as an example?