Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:19:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dennis George <easyeinfo@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MAXDSIZ and MAXSIZ

I was going through the following post to understand MAXDSIZ and MAXSSIZ.......
Its really a helpfull post.......

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=83003+0+archive/2002/freebsd-hackers/20020804.freebsd-hackers

But I have a doubt about this....... Is the MAXDSIZ the offset .... or its the actual size.... From the diagram explained in the above link..... Where can I fit MAXSSIZ in the diagram..... If its a offset....

And one more thing.... Does the Kernel occupies 1GB of VM ???? as depicted by the diagram ???????

Waiting for your answers

Thanks in advance
Dennis