Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:34:39 -0600
From:      "James E. Flemer" <jflemer@uvm.edu>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   ACPI blacklist of Asus P2B-F

Hey All,

I believe the quirk (blacklist) entry for the Asus P2B-F motherboard can
be removed for FreeBSD.  I have been running a server with that
motherboard with ACPI enabled from soon after ACPI support was added to
FreeBSD.  Since it's a server, I haven't extensively tried sleep or
suspend; S1 seems fine, haven't tried S4(non-BIOS), and it doesn't
support any other ('cept S5).  I think that the blacklist probably
originated from some Windows version and problems with shut down (system
would not power off).  FreeBSD can power this box off via 'shutdown -p'
and 'acpiconf -s 5'.  All I can find with Google about this board and
ACPI seems shutdown related.  It may be possible that older BIOS vers
(hopefully with different ACPI oem version #s) have legitimate problems,
but it seems to me that rev 0x58582e31 is just fine for FreeBSD.

Anyone else have this board who has tried ACPI?  Can we change the quirk
to '< 0x58582e31' rather than '<= 0x58582e31'?

-James