Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2011 16:52:00 +0300
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea@freebsd.org>
To:        perryh@pluto.rain.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, joeb@a1poweruser.com
Subject:   Re: Attention ports committers

--UnaWdueM1EBWVRzC

Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 02:05:40AM -0800, perryh@pluto.rain.com wrote:
> Eygene Ryabinkin <rea@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> > And please, please, please, try to put your shar(1) archive
> > somewhere to the Web and add the link to the PR: mail over
> > gnats if not uuencoded properly makes attachments with partial
> > quoted-printable stuff left ...
>=20
> Sounds as if Sec. 3.6 of the Porter's Handbook needs a revision

Sorry, I should have been more precise: the shar(1) archive from the
original submission is just fine, because it was sent by the send-pr.

But the shar(1) archives from the followups resulted from the fixes of
the port content were sent by the ordinary mailer as attachments and
were attachments were encoded as quoted-printable.  query-pr.cgi
currently is not good at handling them and giving away unencoded content
in all cases.  I have plans to improve query-pr.cgi, but not instantly.
--=20
Eygene Ryabinkin                                        ,,,^..^,,,
[ Life's unfair - but root password helps!           | codelabs.ru ]
[ 82FE 06BC D497 C0DE 49EC  4FF0 16AF 9EAE 8152 ECFB | freebsd.org ]

--UnaWdueM1EBWVRzC

--UnaWdueM1EBWVRzC--