Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 1997 12:11:42 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        Rachel Willmer <rachel@intertrader.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I've just upgraded to 2-2-STABLE...

On Fri, Jun 27, 1997 at 11:12:02AM +0100, Rachel Willmer wrote:
> I upgraded from a previous version of 2.2 by using CVSUP.
> I then went into /usr/src and did a make world
> Then did a "config machine", and remade the kernel.
>
> All just fine and dandy, and it seems to be working (at least it's still
> running mail and news, which is its prime function).

You haven't finished upgrading your system. Please read

    http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/upgrade/upgrade.html

which goes into some detail about how to succesfully upgrade your system
in this way.

If you do use this guide, I'd be grateful for any comments you may have,
so I can incorporate them in the next revisions.

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                  Blueberry New Media                ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/     1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk       London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[      Contributing to the heat death of the Universe since 1973     ]=+--