Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:50:35 -0400
From:      Bob Johnson <stest033@garbonzo.hos.ufl.edu>
To:        budsz <budsz@kumprang.or.id>, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What's this mean

On Friday 25 October 2002 05:19 am, budsz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got same kernel messages like this:
>
> Oct 24 10:30 kumprang /kernel: arp: unknown hardware address format
> (0xa8aa)
> Oct 24 10:30 kumprang /kernel: ed0: NIC memoru corrupt - invalid packet
> length 2094
>
> Oct 24 10?30 kumprang /kernel: arp: runt packet
> Oct 24 10:30 kumprang /kernel: ed0: NIC memoru corrupt - invalid packet
> length 2056
>
> What this mean..? and how to resolve this problem..?

My recollection is that the ed0 driver can return this message if it is
failing OR if some other device on the network is sending bad packets.  If
you are on a switched network, either your NIC or your switch is probably
bad.  If you are on a broadcast network (hub or coax) it could be any device
on the network.

If the messages happen frequently, try unplugging one device at a time
from the network to see if you can figure out which one it is.  If the
messages don't happen often, you can probably ignore them.

- Bob