Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 15:21:00 +1000 (EST)
From:      dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ICQ

Does anyone have experience with ICQ in either CLI mode FreeBSD, or in
Windows LAN boxes accessing the internet through a BSD gateway.

One of the guys here explained how the security stuff in BSD stops ICQ working like it does in Windows and suggested I use SOCKS locally if I really
need to ge tit running. Judging from the postings its a pain to get working on LAN boxes, so I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with running a version of ICQ in BSD itself and could advise how to avoid excessive problems getting it working