Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 19:10:02 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Travan-20 tape streamer: unit not ready

Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com> wrote:

> The CDB for load is very straightforward:

     Ick.  I've been playing around, and setting the "immed" bit makes
things work.  Both "LOAD UNLOAD" and "REWIND" work if the immed bit is
set.  However, "MODE SENSE(10)" isn't implemented, and I can't get "MODE
SENSE(6)" to work.  All the mode page codes I've tried (including pages
10h & 3fh), except for page 0, result in the usual "illegal
request/parameter not supported" error.  If I try page 0, I get a
lovely:

(pass0:ahc0:0:3:0): SCB 0x4 - timed out in command phase, SEQADDR == 0x154
(pass0:ahc0:0:3:0): BDR message in message buffer
(pass0:ahc0:0:3:0): no longer in timeout, status = 353
Unexpected busfree.  LASTPHASE == 0x80
SEQADDR == 0x154

Whee.

     Unless OnStream coughs up some documentation (or the Linux folks
produce drivers in source form), I think this drive is a lost cause.
Pity.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.