Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:52:56 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Warner Joseph <Joseph.Warner@siemens.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: linux_base

--osDK9TLjxFScVI/L

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 02:44:39PM -0500, Warner Joseph wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I'm running 4.8-RELEASE-p27 and had a question
> regarding my current install of linux_base
>=20
> #portupgrade -l "<" doesn't reveal this package needs upgrading
> but portaudit -a says:
>=20
> Affected package: linux_base-6.1_6
> Type of problem: xpm -- image decoding vulnerabilities.
> Reference:
> <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/ef253f8b-0727-11d9-b45d-000c41e2c=
dad
> .html>
>=20
> I've followed that url, googled and searched the -questions archive
> but can't find any information regarding how to correct this.
>=20

linux_base-6 will never have the security vulnerability fixed because
it's not supported by redhat.  linux_base contains redhat 8.x which is
also out of support, but does not currently have security problems.
It will be updated to something more modern after 4.11-RELEASE.

Kris

--osDK9TLjxFScVI/L

--osDK9TLjxFScVI/L--