Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:12:51 -0400
From:      Eric Sproul <esproul@ntelos.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   need help with hardware monitoring chip

Hi all,
I want to use the hardware monitoring chip on a board that I recently
bought.  I can't find documentation on the actual type of monitor chip
it has, and healthd 0.6.4 (from the port) doesn't seem able to figure it
out.  It works, but it reports the chipset temp at 186.0 degrees and 0.0
for CPU #0, so that can't be right.  The fan RPM's are not right.  The
voltages do look right, however.

My question is how do I figure out what kind of monitor chip I have?  I
don't see anything in dmesg, but here's what I do have.  It's a PCChips
M810LR, socket A, loaded with an AMD Duron 750.  It has integrated video
and LAN, and one serial port.

atapci0: <SiS 5591 ATA33 controller>
isab0: <SiS 85c503 PCI-ISA bridge>
sis0: <SiS 900 10/100BaseTX>
pci1: <SiS model 6300 VGA-compatible display device>
pcib1: <SiS 5591 host to AGP bridge>

Anyone else been able to monitor the hardware with this board?
Thanks,
Eric