Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:25:29 -0500
From:      "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell@secnap.net>
To:        "David Malone" <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, <peter@wemm.org>
Subject:   Re: userland program panics freebsd 4.3

Just an update:
userland probram panic's FBSD 4.3-REL, FBSD 4.4-REL and FBSD 4.4-STABLE.
its not hardware (unless two completly identicle systems have some type of
chip problem not known yet)

its not thermal problem (I can do make buildworld's all day long)

If I do find it, its easy to tell: I can panic FBSD in 10 or 15 mins.

Kept panicing FBSD 4.3, so tried the UPAGES/Stack patch (change UPAGES from
2 to 3)
upgraded a system to FBSD-REL 4.4 (RELENG_4_4), make clean, make new kernel,
make world, including userland program (just  in case)

Still panic, so upgraded to FBSD 4.4-STABLE (RELENG_4)
same thing, make clean, make workd, also:
ssh now give me this when I connect:
Using username "scheidell".
otp-md5
S/Key Password: