Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2006 11:45:08 +0100
From:      Lupe Christoph <lupe@lupe-christoph.de>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=E1bor_K=F6vesd=E1n?= <gabor@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Testing DESTDIR

On Thursday, 2006-11-02 at 10:33:06 +0100, Gábor Kövesdán wrote:
> Lupe Christoph írta:

> the DESTDIR support is not quite ready yet. The current implementation
> is quite complicated and requires a lot of effort to maintain and
> support. I'm working on an improvement to do everything chrooted, but I
> have some difficulties with it, so it will take some time. With that
> change you won't have to do anything special to support DESTDIR, the
> infrastructure will build and install it chrooted.

Indeed, supporting DESTDIR would mean to chroot a lot of things in the
pkg-install and pkg-deinstall scripts. So I guess I'll postpone DESTDIR
support until I can test it.

Thanks for your explanation!
Lupe Christoph
--
| You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear     |
| weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest   |